In other news on the Goings on of Emma, Friday Patrick and I went to a concert in DC! It was ALLEN VIZZUTTI performing with the Airmen of Note. Allen Vizzutti aka UW's primary trumpet faculty whom my sister took lessons with for 5 years and is a BADASS trumpet player. Seriously crazy stuff. Sometimes I would just sit out in the hallway before classes outside his studio and listen to him "warm up." Him warming up is more like listening to someone playing the most complicated, highest, fastet, craziest stuff over and over... it sounds kinda like someone trying to break their horn with air. Hilma said it's even crazier when he's "trying out" a new horn to see how it plays. He's a badass mo fo. So, as expected, the concert was great. Jazz, but with a nice touch of Vizzutti's crazy awesomeness. No silly suit though. Last time I saw him perform he was wearing a metallic purple suit. He's pretty much known for costume changes after intermission. I think his suit on Friday had thin copper colored pinstripes, but nothing as flambouyant as he usually likes to wear to entertain the audience.
So today I am going to go to that study group that I was contemplating not going to. I finally talked to someone else who was thinking about doing it, and they agreed that they were afraid that it was going to end up being a waste of time teaching people who entirely don't get it, so I figured that I might as well show up. I've already done my studying, so even if I don't end up clarifying anything I'll at least get some practice teaching what I already know, which will help solidify my knowledge.
Aight, now I think we're gonna go get Patrick's car emissions tested. We will officially be rid of all of our Washington licenses after this...
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=706a3dc9-f04e-494e-86d1-0c4dc4981b09)
No comments:
Post a Comment