Image via WikipediaSo I was almost finished writing this blog, then accidentally closed the window without saving, so I will try to make it even better this time.Originally, I bitched and moaned about this unfair B+ that I received on a group project in my Seminar in Arts Management course. Seriously, if you hear the whole story you would totally sympathize with me. We turned in a final product that went so above and beyond the criteria that we were sure it was an A+ project. I'm meeting with the prof Wednesday to argue it, and have many valid points, so hopefully she'll change it a bit, cause... ok, I've been extremely pissed since we got the grade, so I won't get into too many more details to bore you with. Seriously though, total bullshit grade. Very upsetting.
Onto happier topics: My new laptop is kickass. For serial. It's been so nice to be able to get work done at school and in my down time where I can't go home, without having to use a school computer and email it to myself. The whole concept of having everything (plus more) that used to be on my desktop on this dinky laptop, and be able to take it all anywhere... well, it's pretty sweet.
Speaking of laptops, Patrick totally lucked out with a sweet deal on a very cute 9" netbook. He very nearly bought a new desktop because it had a deal where it was very cheap and included this netbook, but after originally ordering it, he decided to cancel because the power supply and graphics card were not ideal. Fortunately for him, they never cancelled the netbook, and never jacked it up to the original price. He seriously ended up getting about a $500 netbook for like $160.
Also, Patrick got me Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, which came with a deal where you got the original Banjo (which I've missed so much ever since some kid stole it from me and my sister way back when) as a free download. Played Banjo for a while- very nostalgic. Love that game. Am playing Nuts and Bolts quite a bit- it is really fun. I wasn't sure I would like the vehicle building aspect, but I've actually gotten into it; it's really fun to try to invent something that will get the job done for each different challenge.
That's about all that's been going on here. I've got to get work done on a presentation I'm giving tomorrow. I did a paper on videogames and their impact on the art world. Pretty sweet paper. I think the class is going to like my presentation a lot too, especially compared to the last presentation, where we got to watch a DVD of some liturgical dance group... super boring. I'm going to be talking about and showing clips from games like Mirror's Edge, Bioshock, Fallout 3, and others. Soooooo much more interesting. And suprisingly relevant to the class, which is obviously what I'll be spending most of the presentation on.
Aight, pieces.
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=24506f0b-b1e3-4270-b186-27ec55f75d53)
No comments:
Post a Comment