Image by Prato9x via Flickr
I bring this up, because I know that I have to make friends at my internship at Wolf Trap, and even have people my age, and two people that I know from school vaguely to jump start this process. However... it is difficult. I eat part of my lunch every day in the lunch room as a way to force myself to get to know people and be known. It should be easy too, cause there are basically only 25-30 year old girls eating lunch at that time, and you'd think I would fit in alright.
They pretty much ignore me though, and today the main table was full so I sat at the only empty table in the room... ate my lean cuisine... and left... and no one talked to me until I said bye to the two girls that I knew from school. Oh, I lied. One of those girls did talk to me as they started to sit by me, until a seat opened up at the table with everyone else and she moved to it.
What the hell.
I hate to be a pitty pot, but goddamn it. Those girls are ridiculous.
I do get to hear lots of weird ass conversations though, which I guess is a plus. Three or four of the girls are starting the "flat tummy diet" today, or something like that. They are in the "purging" process of the diet, where they only get to eat like 1200 calories a day for four days, and can only eat 400 calories at once, and can only eat what's given in the book. Today was turkey, a pint of tomatoes, and your "snack" of a blueberry/fat free milk smoothie.
Ridic.
Okok, I understand that dieting takes strong willpower and it's important to live healthy blah blah... but that, my friend, is bullshit. What ever happened to: eat less, exercise more? I should follow my own advice.
Actually, at the advice of a new doctor that I don't trust and I will prolly be dumping after my follow up, I am now on fish oil and some hefty multivitamins. Never have been a vitamin person. buncha mumbo jumbo if you ask me. But, whatevs. I'm doing it. Also working on exercising- but as I just started this weekend, we'll see how long that lasts. She also wants me to cut dairy down to minimal and only non-fat, and minimal red meat, and up the veggie intake. Not that she's wrong, but I think I would much prefer a doctor that just told me- "you need to eat healthier and exercise more. Here are some suggestions." Instead she freaks me out and tells me that I'm a high risk for heart disease. This from the lady who gives me an EKG as part of a routine physical... huh? Definitely need a new doctor.
I say again, what the hell.
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=82038fe9-ed35-4d26-a071-1edb1abb77ec)
No comments:
Post a Comment