Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Munny

Have A Very Munny ChristmasImage by Buffawhat™ via Flickr

So Steve and Jessica got me a Munny for Christmas among other awesome presents (a pretty necklace and LOST, which we are totally hooked on now) which I've been slowly working on and am more or less done with.

If you don't know what a Munny is, neither did I before Steve and Jessica had them. They are these plastic dudes by kidrobot that you are supposed to draw on. Each one comes with a suprise accessory- mine was a badass axe.

So for my Munny, my basic approach was to incorporate designs that I thought were pretty on the head, and make the body like Midna, from Zelda: Twilight Princess. The designs for the head I got partially from a design blog I follow: Design*Sponge, as well as generic designs that I just googled, like paisely and stained glass.

Turned out pretty neato- the head kind of looks like a Faberge egg, and I really like how the Midna part turned out. The head and body don't really go together very well though, and some of the white part on Midna got dirty, so I'm thinking about adding stuff to the body so that it is more uniform.

Oh, and my parents got me this weird airy neon playdough stuff that supposedly hardens if you leave it open to the air, so I decided to make my Munny a background with it... But it looks kinda weird and so far hasn't hardened (2 days later...) Whatevs. Enjoy my beautiful Munny:

Super badass.

tree from Design*Sponge, stained glass, loopy pattern, Midna-fied axe

Kickass Midna action, Stained glass, loopies

Awesomeness.

I like how the design looks like facial features- the red flower = eye, diamond thingies = teeth? Also, that axe is totally tits. This side is normal axe colors, and the other side it's all twilight-ified so it's just black and light blue.

The other side of the axe- twilight world-ified.

Ya. the neon playdough is kinda lame. oh well. Work in progress I suppose.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: