Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Word Patterns, Part II

Face Value album coverImage via Wikipedia

So, this has been bugging me ever since I posted about the randomness of word choices...

There was a word that professor Brindle said sort of often in my Seminar class that I thought was an intriguing word choice. Didn't really hear anyone else use that word except for her... And then one day on my way home I had the radio on and a moderately abstract song that I really liked came on... and THAT WORD was in the lyrics all along.

You know when you hear a song over and over, but when you consciously realize what the actual words being sung are, you hear the song differently? That happened just then.

Well, I forgot what that word was, and it was seriously bothering me. I couldn't remember the band/song, and you have no idea how annoying it was that I couldn't remember it.

Well, lo and behold, yesterday at my Wolf Trap internship, one of the development staff people was chatting with the staff person at the desk next to me... and she said it!!!!

Copacetic.

That was the word. Copacetic. The song? "Bound for the Floor," by the Local H... Great song, by the way.



So the rest of the day I was really happy, both because I finally could stop being frustrated about figuring out that word, and because I had "Bound for the Floor" stuck in my head, which was great.


In other randomness news, I swear I have heard Phil Collins on the radio every day on my way to work...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: