Image via Wikipedia
I welcomed in the new season by busting out Oblivion and playing about 6 hours of it yesterday. It was one of the first games we got when Patrick got the xBox 360 and I really liked it, but I pretty much stopped playing it, oh, like 3 years ago. He tried to sell it back a few times, but I kept dragging my feet and saying, "Oh but I like that game! I'll play it again, I swear!"
Well, I proved myself not-a-liar and dusted it off. I had no idea where I was in the main story of it, but I figured it out after a little bit.
I also remembered (the hard way) how annoying it is when you accidentally stab one of your dudes and they think that you're attacking them. I know, I know, "don't stab your dudes," but seriously, it was super annoying.
One of the Oblivion gate levels has a bunch of douche-bag knights that are supposed to "help" you close the Oblivion gates, but really they just swarm in front of you when you're trying to kill the daedra and run into your sword repeatedly, then get pissed at you for stabbing them, then don't stop trying to kill you, even when you're all chill and put your sword away, and are like "it's cool dude, I just want to talk," all while more daedra are coming to kill all of you.
I reverted to my last save and tried again, and basically the only way to get around it was to let them have at the bad guys on their own (the caves are waaay too small for multiple people to hack at the same bad guy!), which eventually gets them killed because they are teh suk. It didn't really matter because I still got what I wanted as far as the mission of closing the Oblivion gate went, but it was annoying that the count guy was all trying to make me feel guilty for his son dying. Whatever man, first that guy was a total twat, then he goes and runs into my sword, then, when I'm all polite and get out of his way instead of hacking through him, he gets all killed and shit. Ya, whatevs man.
That was the only part that I got super frustrated at. I guess it just reinforces the rule of save often, and save under many different files. I think I had to do the same thing when I accidentally turned into a vampire playing this all those years ago. I didn't realize that I was infected and all of a sudden things got all weird.
But ya, Oblivion is still fun, and still looks pretty darn gorgeous. I expect that I'll play a bunch more this week, and hopefully will actually finish it finally.
Speaking of which, I still need to finish a lot of games, including Twilight Princess. GOT to get going on that one again.
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=f1436046-1e9f-4691-aef8-4a8ea3ae4f3d)
No comments:
Post a Comment