Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seattle

Seattle is doing great. I have missed it here- it's good to be back.

I had a whirlwind of wedding preparation slash attending the Jetta/Karms wedding in Spokane (those are nicknames btw), and now we're more in socializing mode, which is nice.

Patrick is finally here- I missed him a lot. I was pretty busy with tying bows on favors and crap like that, so he wasn't really missing out, but I'm sure he would have wanted to be there for it.

Today we had our casualish wedding pics at UW taken with our photographer. It was cool meeting him and getting a good practice session of holding smiles. He is awesome. I'm really glad I went with Yuen Lui.

Then we picked up Patrick's tux. He looks super handsome in it and it fits well. Patrick's friend Yosuke got in this morning, and came to hang out with us after he checked into his hotel and stuff. We went with him while he picked up his tux- he also looks super sharp. We're gonna be a classy group.

Patrick's mom got in around 3:00 pm (after flying through Burmingham, New Orleans, and Denver for something like 12 hours... ick) and we picked her up and went to Walley's. Walley's is a CRAZY delicious seafood place in Des Moines, WA with the absolute BEST chowder ever. Really really really good. I felt kind of sick afterwards from eating too much. Yup.

After that, we went up to hang out with Steve, and went bowling near his apartment at The Garage with some Chempoint people that were there. I believe I came in last on the first round, then second to last (just in front of Patrick... hahaha) on the next one. I am really bad. Oh well.

We've got a couple more days of social type activities, then it's the big wedding day!! Tomorrow my Virginia friends Dani and Katie get in, which excites me greatly. Then we're going to the Mariner's game, which I think will be a blast.

Friday is our bachelor/bachelorette party day, where us ladies will go on a harbor lunch cruise, walk around Pike's Place, go to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory with all of the women of the wedding party, then hit the town in belltown, or somewhere like that.

Saturday is our rehearsal day, then, the big day is Sunday. Needless to say, I probably won't be posting again until afterwards, but I fully intend to put up a bunch of great pics then.

No comments: