I am so grateful to have a job! I almost feel guilty, knowing fellow classmates who are having difficulty getting work in their preferred field... Almost feel guilty.
I had my first day on Friday, and I really like it already. I'm in an awesome building in Arlington, right on the Potomac river. I have a cubicle, but it's a very nice and big one. I have a macBook Pro... which I can deal with. (At least it's something, and not a total dinosaur.) I'm still figuring out my commute; for the next week I'll metro in because I'm waiting on getting a parking pass. Once I can drive in, I think I'll just come in and leave early to miss most of the traffic, but we'll see.
The commute is also important because Patrick and I are starting the home buying process! For what we are looking for, we really need to be out in the Dulles area which may end up being a bit of a drive, but I'm not really sure yet. If I can leave early enough to keep my commute time at 30-40 minutes, that would be ideal, but we'll see how realistic that is.
I'm still just figuring out what I'll be doing at my job and getting to know the organization, but I'm already anxious to get back and organize myself so I can dig in! It feels good to finally be a full-time staff member!
No comments:
Post a Comment