I've been back at work now for a few weeks, and it has been nice to get things started up again. Work has been a little odd in general, due to the fact that there are a lot changes when you end one tour and are looking towards starting another. We are going to have a staff retreat next month, where we are going to get down to the nitty gritty strategic planning work, which should be interesting. I feel like all four of us have pretty strong ideas of where this organization needs to be, and it will be good for us to sit down and talk about it so that we can regroup and move everything in the same direction.
I am working on a pretty kick ass newsletter right now. If you want me to mail you one, lemme know what your address is and I will send one your way. If you are close friends or family reading this, I may just send you one anyway, cause I am just that proud of it. I do a surprising amount of design work in my job, and I am liking it. Some day maybe I'll actually get some design software to work with- this little ditty is being done with Word... Seriously... Actually, you can download a .pdf of a draft of the newsletter I'm working on right here! There are some typos I already found, and I want to do some more tweaking on how things line up, but I'd love some feedback if you want to take a peek!
Last week we had our awesome friend from Seattle come stay with us for a few days. HI STEVE!!!!!! It was really fun having company, and I wish we had more friends over here to come crash in our new house. Maybe some day my sister and her new hubbs will come out and stay with us- she has been toying with the idea. I think my parents are going to try and road trip out next summer too, which would be awesome. I hope they do and hope they stay for like a month. That will sure get my act together and we will finish putting away stuff in the "storage room" so that it can actually be used for its intended purpose: a guest room. I guess I should just get my act together either way, but it always helps having a little incentive. ANYWAY, the HAZN came and stayed with us, so we got to go out and do fun DC stuff, as well as eat a burger EVERY DAY! Almost! Check it out:
Day 1, Thursday: Chick-fil-A for lunch, Dogfish Head Ale House for dinner
Day 2, Friday: Brown Bag for lunch, Ray's Hell Burger for dinner
Day 3, Saturday: Good Stuff Eatery for lunch, Chick-fil-A (again!) for dinner
Day 4, Sunday: Elevation Burger for lunch, Döner Bistro for dinner
Day 5, Monday: Nando's for lunch, I forgot what was for dinner... but maybe it was a burger...
**UPDATE** It WAS a burger! Patrick and Steve went to Big Buns for dinner!
Day 6, Tuesday: Willard's for lunch
That was a tasty tasty week of eating. Now I am forcing myself to run. Well, I've now ran twice in the last two days, but it is balls hot outside, so I consider that equal to the motivation needed to run for two weeks straight. Maybe not quite equal to the amount of calories burned, but the motivation is the hard part.
Anywho, there are lots of pics of our adventures with the Hasen on my Picasa Album, so check um out.
**UPDATE UPDATE** OMG I forgot to talk about Segweys! We rode Segweys around National Harbor over the weekend too, and it was SUPER awesome. I was pretty uncoordinated with it, which made it a little less easy for me than it was for Steve and Patrick, but it was so radtastically awesome that I would totally go again. Even now, after the recent news about the owner of Segwey driving his Segwey off of the side of a cliff and dying... Even now, I will still get back on a Segwey. This, coming from the girl who has had a concussion from trying to roller-blade. It was just that fun.
2 comments:
HI EMMA!!! It was an awesome trip, thanks for hosting me!
To clarify, I actually ate a burger on Monday at Big Buns and then another burger on Tuesday at Famous Dave's back in Seattle. 5 days in a row! I'm glad I'm not dead!
Big Buns! I knew I was missing one in there somewhere. I still have to check that place out. Sounded pretty good.
Hahahhaa, ya we definitely tried eating a little lighter after that gastronomic adventure, but it was totally worth it.
Post a Comment