Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Xalapa

Hey ya'll.  I made it here to Mexico safe and sound.  I am sitting here in the hotel lobby waiting for the musicians to arrive.  There will be about 20 arriving tonight through about 2 a.m. tomorrow, and then all of the rest of the musicians arrive through the day and night tomorrow.

So far we've had a violinist from Cuba and a harpist from Seattle arrive.  The next wave of musicians will be here late late late tonight, so I'll be up a while yet.  Good thing I snuck a nap in there. 

Xalapa seems like a great place.  The weather is perfect: warm enough that I feel like I'm in an exotic country, but not so muggy and disgustingly hot to make it uncomfortable.  Because it's rainy season, we've been getting downpours every day for an hour, but then the sky clears up and it's perfect the rest of the day. 

As usual, I've started uploading my pitcures to my Picasa album online, and will continue it throughout the Tour.  Enjoy!



YOA Mexico Tour 2011

No comments: