Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Faltan Pocos Días

Only a few days left!  In fact, only two more concerts, and two more days until YOA's 2011 Mexico Tour comes to an end.  I am here in Puebla at the moment, figuring out the last few things that I can take care of here in Mexico with the orchestra, and preparing for tomorrow night's performance as well as the finale performance on Wednesday.  My pictures have been doing a better job of documenting my experiences throughout my travels, so at least I have been pretty consistent with uploading when I had internet access.  Here is a quick recap to get you up to date.

Orizaba:

Concert in Orizaba went very well.  I hiked a mountain path at 4,000 meters in elevation.


León:

I worked on an incredibly cramped bus ride on the way to León.  The particular seat I was in had less leg room than any of the other seats.  So little leg room that I had to sit sideways when the people in front of me put their chair back...

Stella and I had some amazing street food and did a small amount of gaping at the beautiful city of León.


Guadalajara:

The musicians played in a very gorgeous hall.  The box seats, where I went up to take pictures during rehearsal, actually made me nauseous.  They were so high up, and the railing was so low, that I got a bit dizzy and had to walk with my hand on the wall.  Seriously.


México D.F.:
After Guadalajara, we got on our final long bus ride to go back to Mexico D.F.  This time the concert was in the magnificent Palacio de Bellas Artes.  That theater is absolutely breathtaking.  The concert was also incredibly emotional, as it was the last time the orchestra played the Shostakovitch piece. The musicians really gave it their all, and their energy and passion was really transmitted in their performance. 


Puebla:
Only a two-hour drive from México DF (piece of cake) I got a chance to walk around the city of Puebla while the orchestra was in rehearsal.

Tomorrow night is the concert in Puebla, then Wednesday morning we drive back to Mexico DF for the finale concert.  It is hard to believe that this year's Tour is already almost over.  At the same time, it seems like our time in Xalapa was a long long long time ago.  I am really looking forward to being home again, seeing Patrick, and seeing my parents who get to come stay with us for a bit.  However, I will also miss the musicians that have been such wonderful friends to me throughout this Tour.  They are all such great people beyond being fabulously talented musicians.


No comments: