Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chillin' in Chile! ...Literally...

So, another year has gone by, and here I am on another YOA Tour.  This year we're in Chile, and we are starting in the ocean-side town of La Serena.  Being July in the Southern hemisphere, we are in the beginning of Winter, so temperatures are on the chilly side.  And being right directly next to the ocean, the air is very damp, so basically: once you are cold, you stay cold.  So it's mid-40's here, and there isn't much in the way of heating in these buildings, and everyone is pretty darn uncomfortable and upset about the climate.  I'm doing alright - I haven't even busted out the "big guns" yet: my super thick winter coat that I bought just with this tour in mind.  But I'm not gonna lie: it is pretty chilly here in Chile.

We've gotten right into the thick of things trying to do some last-minute problem solving before the musicians show up on the 28th.  It's going to be a lot of cramming in order to be completely ready for them.  And to be honest, I don't know if we'd ever be completely ready for them, but we can only do our best.

I'm doing my best to upload pictures regularly again this year to my Picasa (and now Google+ apparently... when the heck did all of this happen?) album, so if you don't see any blog posts from me, try checking my album instead and maybe I'll have done a better job of keeping on top of updating there.  You can locate my pictures here, or on the Chile Tour Pics tab of my blog:

YOA Chile Tour 2012


More to come later!  But for now, it's buenos noches, desde La Serena!


No comments: