Image by Frabuleuse via FlickrSo a while ago we worked on creating a Chicago Style, Deep Dish Pizza, and it turned out... meh. Therefore I wasn't super psyched about posting it right away. ON THE OTHER HAND... We tried out this amazing thing called Batter Blaster yesterday, and... ooooooh man, it is awesome. So, enjoy our food escapades:
First Off,
The Chicago Style Deep Dish adventure!
Right off the bat, we had problems cause we couldn't find the appropriate pizza baking receptacle. We simply could not locate a 12-14" pan with 2" sides. Anywhere. I think we'll have to buy online or something. We ended up buying a brownie pan.

<---- This is supposed to be the best Flour for Pizzas. The dough looked pretty good, except I absolutely could not get the sides t

o stay up on the pie pan. Each time I stretched it out and covered up the sides of the pan, it would just settle back and retract on itself. The interweb said to let it rest for a while if it does that, so we did, but even after a long time resting it just wouldn't stay put, so... well you'll see at the end. It made for a less than perfect pizza dough in the end.

We added all of the

usuals on it: Mozarella, Sausage, Pepperoni, Green Onions, Olives, Garlic, Topped it with the sauce we made as suggested by said interweb (they said to just used crushed tomatoes and add spices)
Then

we baked it and, well... The dough was waaay to thick on account of me trying to get it to stay on the sides, and it was like eating cornbread with some pseudo pizza toppings on top. Also, because of the thickness and the sauce we made (which was pretty soupy), it was very sloppy and watery, even after sitting for a while. Other than that, we did a pretty good job trying it out for the first time, and hopefully will have a better pizza experience when we try it again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, NOW FOR BATTER BLASTERS!!!!!


Patrick found this amazing thing in the refrigerated section called "Batter Blaster" which is essentially pancake batter in a Redi Whip Can. It seemed like an awesome idea on various levels, but we thought we would hold out our judgment until after trying it out for last night's breakfast-for-dinner. We were going to make Pancakes via the handy dandy spray can, sausage, has

h browns, which Patrick got some tips online about, and eggs. For the hash browns, the web said to grate them on a cheese grater, then

make sure they are as dry as possible by wringing them out in a paper towel.
Watch the glorious creation of the easiest pancake ever made:



We added Cinnamon, but everything else was already in the can. And let me tell you.
They were delicious. Easiest, most convenient, most susceptible to spontaneous pancake-age ever. Highly recommend.
This has made me very hungry. I think I'm gonna go make a pancake... but do I really want to go through the hassle of mixing up all of the various ingredients into the batter, then having to do all of the tedious clean up? Wait! I think we have a can of Batter Blasters in the fridge! Hooray! All of my pancake worries are solved in one convenient can!


Seriously though, I am hungry.
1 comment:
Haha! Nice post! I'm hungry now...and I'll have to go to Costco and get me some o' that Batter Blasters stuff.
Oh, and the pizza looks pretty darn good...!
Post a Comment