Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hi There

The north stands of Husky Stadium before the 1...Image via WikipediaYa, it's been a while I know I know.

School has been pretty busy. Got papers to write, interviews of people in the field to write more papers about, midterms (tomorrow!) to prepare for, tutoring that lady from my finance class that is totally lost, and on and on. Also I've been working (2 hours a day... woo) which may not be that intensive, but still takes up time.

I've got my internal internship for next semester set up! I'll be working (unpaid... boo) for The Potomac Arts Academy doing... well I'm not entirely sure what yet, but it sounds like I'll be helping to set up new programs, making sure current programs go swimmingly, and advertising and... ya, whatever else. So that is exciting.

I'm also going to apply for a paid internship with Wolf Trap. Hopefully they'll take me on and I'll be able to actually work for an arts org for monies and I'll be able to quit this temping business.

Hmmm what else what else... Oh ya, the lady I'll be interning for at the Potomac Academy's Husband is the director of the Wind Symphony at GMU, so she introduced me and I'm auditioning tomorrow to get into the group! It'll be nice to be playing with ensembles again, if he lets me in.

In bigger news: I've been trying to plan the big wedding! Ya, it's not going so hot so far. I've requested info from a buttload of event centers which are possibilities for the wedding and reception, but haven't heard back from very many yet, and the ones I've heard back from are probably too expencive. So far I've been banking on getting the venue first and the other stuff falling into alignment afterwards, but turns out that first step isn't going as smoothly as hoped. We really wanted to do it at Husky Stadium, but I called them and they said they didn't do that. I emailed Brad to see if he could work his magic and make it happen, but he didn't email me back, so I've pretty much ditched that idea. It'd probably be waaay expencive anyway. oh well.

Aaaaanything else been going on since last update... ummmm, ya that's about it I guess. Ok, really got to get back to studying for this finance midterm- gotta keep up my trend of getting 100% on everything! Hah!

P.S. Sure wish the Huskies were better. Patrick is totally ready to fire Willingham and the entire coaching staff... Sorry to say, I think he's probably right. We are embarassingly bad.

P.P.S. I can't believe I forgot to post this!!! I'M GETTING A NEW LAPTOP!!!!!!!!! Purchased it last week. It'll be coming in around Halloween!!! SOOOO EXCITED. It's an HP dv4t Notebook. And it's badass, with 64 bit Windows, a 2.26 GHz Duo Processor, cute little 14.1" screen, 4 GB memory, 320GB HD, Microphone, Webcam, fingerprint reader, and a 512 MB Graphics card. Was originally going to get a cool looking special edition series with cool art on it, but I really wanted the 14" screen, and the only 14" special edition laptop looked kinda dumb, but the "plain" kind actually looks pretty cool too, with a mesh imprint finish, and the hp logo on the outside lights up. Yup... Pretty awesome. Hard to imagine a dinky laptop is more powerful than this giant desktop my parents bought me for college four years ago. Will be nice to have a laptop... yeeey.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: