Image via Wikipedia
For my last day, I brought in little bags of candy with thank you cards clipped to them with these adorable plastic colored mini clothespins from Target. I think they went over well. Everyone was really encouraging and wanted me to keep in touch.
In less inspiring news, I had yet another "damn, I am slow sometimes" moment.... I gave Lisa LaCamera (Senior Director of Marketing and Communications) one of the goodie bags, and when I went by to say goodbye at the end of the day, she commented that she liked my card and asked if I designed them myself... I was thinking she meant the Thank You card, and I said no I got them cheap from Target (classy), but 5 mins later as I was driving away, I realized she was talking about the business card I made and enclosed in everyone's Thank You card... I kinda forgot about them, and therefore sounded like an idiot... yet again. Technically though I did not design them, I used one of the preset ones from Microsoft Office then tweaked it a bit to my taste and added a back side. But I did not get them from Target, so no.. No, there is no way for me to not sound like an idiot in retrospect.
In another Emma is an idiot related incident today, (really wish I could cut down on the number of these per day...) I am horrible at guessing people's ages. I interviewed Lisa a while back for my Marketing class and when I gave my presentation to the class on the interview I was asked how old she was. She looks super young, so I guessed thirties. However, Jackie (in my class) actually works at Wolf Trap and gave me a little shake-o-the-head... I don't know how old she is, but I didn't think she looked like she was in her forties... Well, today my supervisor Shawn took me out to lunch (at this Thai place in Vienna, which was deeeelish) and she mentioned at some point that she was 40 years old. I was kind of taken aback (she looks waaay younger than that to me) and said, "really?!" Of course, then I stammered and explained that she looks much younger, etc. That's an awkward compliment though, so I wish I had just kept my mouth shut. Lesson Learned: Don't try to guess people's ages. My main problem is that I assume that the people in my classes and all of those people are in my age bracket, but in reality, most of them are mid to upper 20s, and a lot of them are 30 who I swear look exactly the same as me. Hair Dye was a mean invention for the etiquette-ly challenged.
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=c4752b75-a809-4f13-b1a9-af87b52b338d)
2 comments:
hey emma...how old do i look?
you'd better say 25, dammit. :D
Haha, seriously I am so bad at guessing. I think of people's ages in relation to mine, and when people dress hipper and do their hair all cool, pretty much everyone looks younger than me! hahahaha. Oh man... I just got one of those "I'm just like my mom" moments.... She always talks like she's way older than she is... Hm. Weird.
Post a Comment