Tuesday, July 14, 2009

VIDEO GAMES LIVE!!!!

Last Friday, Patrick, Me, my friend Dani, her boyfriend, and one of his friends (whew long list) went to Video Games Live! at Wolf Trap. It was my first Wolf Trap experience, and it was AWESOME!

We tried out the second-newest of our electronic devices (toys, as my mom would call them), Creative's "Vado HD." I was a pretty crappy video camera operator, due to my shaky hands and annoying talking, but I will get better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/emmuhwilla

Patrick videoed this one, which explains the better quality.



We brought a cooler (purchased at Five Below, the $5 store here, where everything is $5 or less) filled with beer, and a backpack of snacks and a ginormous sub sandwich from Wegmans. Joey's Old Fashioned Sandwich For the Whhhhhiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn!

It was such a good time. It reminded me a lot of the drive in, which was nice, because I was missing that, and the closest one to here is basically in West Virginia. It was obviously much better than a drive in (c'mon, the National Symphony Orchestra playing live video game music?!), but it was similar in that it was casual and you could lay back with a blanket and talk to your friends and eat your own food. Plus the big projector screen, and being outside for all of this at night in the summer.

I'm looking forward to seeing The Two Towers at the end of August in the same format!!!!

No comments: