Friday, February 12, 2010

Cure to Winter Blues = FOOD + FLOWERS. It's Science.

Ugh. Staying in your apartment for a whole week is never a good idea. Not that it would have been a better idea for me to drive to work and get myself in an accident on the icy streets, but I've gotten pretty sick of sitting here at home.

I did finally get out to the grocery store today, and met Patrick for dinner at a place by his work that we've been wanting to go to: Don Churro Cafe. I failed to bring my camera, but the food was quite excellent. We had Arepas Reina Pepeada (shredded chicken and avocado stuffed inside an arepa) for an appetizer, and it was FREAKING DELISH. I will definitely be getting arepas again- that bread is amazing. For our entrees, I had the Milanesa de Pollo (which was basically breaded chicken and fries) and Patrick had the Churrasco Palta (a grilled steak sandwich with avocado). And of course, being that it is almost Valentine's Day, I figured that I deserved a special dessert, so Patrick and I "shared" Nutella Churros Rellenos- churros stuffed with Nutella. MMMmmmmmmm!

We got home and Patrick surprised me with beautiful flowers! He is the sweetest. I don't know where he found the time to pick them up.









That really really made my day. I was feeling blah earlier due to the snow and cabin fever, but now I am full of delicious food and in love with an amazing man. This is going to be a great weekend!

I love you Patrick! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: