So two weeks ago (already!) I was in NYC for work!! Who knew I was going to have a job that involved travel! Pretty exciting. We performed in Carnegie Hall, and I was extremely busy with my first experience "on tour" with the orchestra.
I barely had time to myself, but I did manage to eat at Carnegie Deli, which was FAN.TAS.TIC.
I got a pastrami sandwich, which was absolutely HUGE. The bread was basically just there to justify calling it a sandwich; it immediately soaked up the delicious juices of the pastrami and disintegrated in my hands.
So the day after I got back from NYC, we signed papers on our townhouse!!!! We are so excited for our first home, and have been having a great time keeping track of its progress and making plans for how we will design it. (click on those links for LOTS of pictures!)
This Thursday we go into the design center to finalize what options we want, so I will be sure to make an update later! We also plan on visiting the house every Sunday (Construction's day off) to walk through and take pictures of the progress. It is coming along fast! I can't wait.
We have already determined a few design themes that we would like to try and stick to for the general design of our house: Frank Lloyd Wright/Aeronotics, also Tiffany lamps, and art deco. Hopefully we can have our "grown up" house decor soon, instead of the eclectic hand-me-downs and IKEA furniture we have now. I will be working on an "inspiration board" for the design stuff, like I tried to do for our wedding, and will post when I have something cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment