Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Villavicencio - Day 11

Here's a broad generalization, based on the one city I've been in for only 11 days now:  Colombians eats very strange combinations of food, mixed together.  We just had a snack of ice cream (ok...) with fruit (ok...) and shredded cheese...  (Huh?).  Salads have almost every day consisted of a combo of sweet and salty.  For example, we had green olives and fruit in yesterday's salad.  Today's salad had fruit, and coconut in it, which would have been normal, except the dressing was a salty/savory one.  Strange. 



I started the day off right by working out at the gym.  It was a little hard to get up this morning because I stayed up too late reading my book.  It's getting so good though- I'm almost finished with The Tawny Man series. 

After a shower, getting dressed, and a nice breakfast of cereal, a roll, and some fruit, I spent the morning working on my computer outside by the pool, which was really nice and relaxing.  It was pretty bright and a little hard to see the computer screen, but it was still nice. 

Lunch was GINORMOUS and delish.  We watched the first half of the Uruguay v. Netherlands game.  I don't really watch much soccer, and I pretty much never watch it with people who are totally into it, so it was fun to be in an environment where everyone is getting excited about what's going on.


I sent out a mass email today introducing the YOA Blog, (check it out:  www.yoatour.wordpress.com) and worked on event planning and development reports. 

Ok, I'm getting antsy to read my book again, so I am going to wrap it up now.  I will try to take more pictures of things that aren't my meals.  (The food is very pretty though.) 

Talk to you all tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ana Gabriela said...

hey Emma! any one who's not here gets a great picture of what's going on w/ your blog :D great... I loved the butterflies pics... XOXO

steven said...

Emma! I hadn't commented yet, but I've been reading your blog and it sounds like you're having an awesome time. I'm glad you got a new computer working so you keep blogging (and working, I guess). I'm pretty sure I would be having constant heart attacks with all those bugs around. I can't even imagine. The butterflies and moths are OK, but anything else would freak me out.

Anyway, I hope everything continues to go well and hope you have a great time!