Sunday, July 4, 2010

Villavicencio - Day 8

Today I finally was able to start working on my actual work as a staff member.  I got MOST of my files from my old mac (not all of them though, unfortunately) last night, and could get started today.  For the most part, all of my important files are fine.  However, all of the design work I have done (the YOA Brochures, a schedule of events for Board members, invitations, and some other things) were in this stupid program called Pages, which is part of iWork (a stupid Office suite Mac knock-off).  Publisher is way better and more intuitive, and I would have loved to had Photoshop to work with and learn how it works, but I had iWork... So today I had to start from scratch on some of that stuff, and everything is taking me longer than it should, because everything is in Spanish.  So to Bold something, you have to press ctrl+N instead of ctrl+B, and italics is ctrl+K...  Very annoying.  I have to figure that stupid thing out soon, because this is going to drive me bonkers.  Also the keyboard is different.  I have it set up so that it's "right" now, but it doesn't match what the letters written on the keys are.

It has been really nice getting to sit by the pool to work on my computer, and this place is just absolutely gorgeous.  The weather has been very nice- it storms almost every day and is pretty humid, but for the most part it is very comfortable outside.  EXCEPT FOR THE BUGS.  Those things are wicked.

Food has been delish.  Here are some sweet pics of the food:



It has been really interesting being in this environment with the World Cup going on.  Obviously it's a huge deal around here, and that is a major point of contention when rehearsals conflict with games.  We have people representing pretty much every team out there.  Here is one of our faculty members, with his getup for Germany, who just beat Argentina.

As always, check out my Picasa album to see all of the awesome pics I've been taking.

No comments: