Thursday, December 11, 2008

laaaaaaaazy

Superman (Earth-Two)Image via WikipediaFeels weird not having classes to go to. Kinda feels like I'm on break, but I still have that pesky final to take!

Tomorrow is my last day of work as a temp at corporate express: business interiors... thank god. Not that it was a bad job. If anything it was ideal, cause I didn't do jack, so I just surfed the interweb and studied for class. I'm pretty glad to be done with it though- interning will be a lot more work for a lot less money, but at least I will be learning something instead of sitting at a desk for two brain numbing hours a day and smiling at people and saying hello when they walk in and answering the phone reading the stupid line every damn time... "thank you for calling corporate express business interiors a staples company how may i direct your call?" gah. horrible. Reception is not my bag baby. Yup, so last day of that crap tomorrow hooray!

Been working on my Preedy Christmas gift. Preedy Christmas is this thing my mom's side of the family does every year where we all get together on the Saturday before Christmas (rotating hosts- this year it's my aunt ramona's turn) and exchange gifts that can not cost more than a dollar to make. It used to be that we drew names in advance and made special gifts for that person- a secret Santa type deal- but as the family's been growing and new people have started coming and all of that we changed it to what is sometimes referred to as "nasty Christmas." That's where everyone brings a gift, then you take turns opening random ones, or stealing opened ones. I see why it's called Nasty Christmas. Especially in contrast to the old style, where each gift was very carefully made with that particular person in mind.

Annnnnyways... so I'm working on mine. It's rough, cause my family generally kicks ass at the whole make the best present game. My dad is a ridiculous woodworker. He's made some awesome stuff. One year he made a fish that was about a foot long and was suspended over a fancy rock that my parents got from a beach in Port Angeles. It was freaking intricate and really well painted. My mom always does well with either drawing or sewing or stuff like that, and my sister draws really well and can crochet and all sorts of stuff like that.

Me... I suck. hahahaha. I've made some cool things in the past all with the help of my mom or dad. The last couple years, its been rough. Ok, so this year... it's hard to explain what I'm making, cause it's not really a "thing" in itself... I took the little sound device from one of those musical cards that I got for graduation and went from there. It was from my dad, and it plays the Theme from Superman. So I'm working on making a musical picture... or something. I have a large piece of cardboard which will be in the front, which will be a telephone booth. Holes are cut out of the booth "windows" and behind it you will first see Clark Kent, then you pull a string on the side, and cardboard behind the telephone booth will slide to the right to reveal Superman, then play the song. It's hard to explain, and its been even harder to implement. Worst idea ever... unless it turns out... then, best present ever. hahaha. thing is, I am a pretty mediocre at drawing. So... this is going to go well...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: