We all heard it was coming our way. I prepared for it. My gas tank and fridge is full.
Still, Snowmagedon 2010 was pretty amazing. We got somewhere around 22 inches here, and more was officially reported in local areas. I guess this was the 3rd or 4th most snow we have received in this area... ever.
I worked from home on Friday, as the snow was supposed to start coming around 10 am. I liked working from home a lot; I got to stay in my jammies, listen to music, and run the laundry while I got some real work done. Unfortunately I never did get my outgoing email working on the mac's mail.me (or whatever it is) client. I could still use the web based mail though, so I still got a lot done.
Saturday Patrick and I ventured out into the RIDICULOUS amount of snow that accumulated over night. Let me tell you, it was not easy to walk in it. If you tried to walk in the new, untouched snow, it would go up to your upper thighs, and was practically impossible to get through. It was something else.
Today was our big Digging-Out day. It took us the better part of the day, but thanks to the shovel Patrick wisely bought earlier this week before stores ran out of them, our strong muscles, and some bright sun, we got our cars more or less free from the snow. It was still pretty difficult to move the cars around at all, so I do not think I will be going into work tomorrow. Patrick may end up taking a vacation day too. Good thing I brought my computer and files home from work on Thursday!
We are supposed to get another surge of snow on Tuesday. Oh joy.
1 comment:
Thigh high for you....ankle deep for Patrick? :)
Post a Comment