Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bogotá/Villavicencio - Day 3

Today we met with our counterparts at FJC (Filharmonica Joven de Colombia) to discuss the upcoming Residence where our organizations will be combining for a few pieces and part of the tour. It was really difficult for me because the entire meeting was in Spanish, and even when I was concentrating as hard as I could, I only picked up a few words here and there, so I was just comprehending the general idea of the topic that was being discussed. This is going to be really tough.

We decided to leave out going back to the Hotel Staff Cafeteria today for lunch, because all 3 meals we had there were basically rehashing the same food, and we were pretty sick of rice and soup. We had to pay for it, but it was a welcome change.





After checking out, we drove to the airport, where we were picking up three of our staff members that were arriving today, after which we were driving to Villavicencio where we would check in to the resort we are doing the Residence at.



We knew it was going to be a long drive out to the middle of nowhere, but boy howdy, they weren't joking. We were in the lush mountains for most of it, sometimes driving right up next to a breathtaking cliff, sometimes through some harshly hewn tunnels, but always twisting and turning around the contours of these beautiful hills (and not as beautiful shacks and stores).











We made it to Villa Valeria (Country Club, Resort, Hoighty Toighty Joint) after a nearly 4 hours, and checked in. It was already night time by far, so it was hard to tell what everything looked like, but the hotel itself is very sleek and modern, and my room (all to myself this time) is fabulous.





We had dinner, which was a set menu that they just brought out to us, but it was very good. The steak was a bit dry, but I am definitely just getting spoiled by all of the great meals I've been having here.



I already miss my roommate Stella though. It is very quiet in this room by myself, and I swear, Spanish is making me crazy. I can't do ANYTHING! I tried to program the safe in this room, but the directions were only in Spanish, and even when I typed them up into Google Translate, I couldn't get it to work. I can't get my TV to work either. So frustrating.

WOAH WOAH woah woah. Had to take a break there- I looked at my door and there was a river flowing into my room. It is seriously monsooning outside right now, and apparently my room is the lowest point... And I couldn't get my phone to work to call the front desk... of course. FML. I just shoved a bunch of towels in my door. Hopefully I don't wake up to a lake tomorrow.

Ok, better take my shower and hit the hay. It's been a long day, and tomorrow we have WORK TO DO!

Laters, all.

2 comments:

smbraudy said...

Awww I miss you too!!!!! Can't wait for breakfast :) FOOOOODD!!!!! And Emma!!!! And weak coffee!!!! LOL. PS Don't think I'll make it to the gym tomorrow...gotta take care of this hair situation, it's pretty important since my face exploded. LOL. This is a weird blog comment isn't it?

Emma Moores said...

Hahha, no this is a great blog comment!