So even though I should be working on at least one of three large projects which are due in the coming weeks, I thought I would take the time before leaving for work to give a quick update.
First, to follow up on my previous rant, I spoke with my Seminar Prof last week and gave her all of my valid points as to why my grade on the group paper was bullshit... and it worked! Hooray! Bumped it up from an 88% to a 96%. Not bad. My group almost cried when I told them- they were just as stressed out about it as I was.
Second, I interviewed last week for two internship positions at Wolftrap, and just got the call this morning...
...that I got it!!!! Got the one I wanted too- I'll be the intern for grant writing starting January 26th. It has a small stipend which will enable me to quit the temp work I'm doing. Unfortunately, if you calculate how much I'll be making per hour, it is super depressing, but overall it will be worth it to me since I will: a) be learning valuable skills b) can put this shit on my resume c) will be making important personal connections d) will get credit towards required program courses, and 5) will actually be doing something remotely related to what I want to do, rather than working a pointless job where everyone including me knows I am useless.
Gonna give the call to Sparks probably today to let them know that I will be peacing out.
Unfortunately, so far it looks like I'm gonna have a jam packed semester... again. On top of classes Thursday and Friday evenings, I will now be working Mon-Wed, 8 hours a day at Wolftrap, and will need to work 6 hours a week with my other internship at the Potomac Arts Academy. Oh welp, I am almost a third of the way done with the program already; I think it's worth it for me to push myself now so that I can be actually making a living off of this stuff sooner.
Aight, time to get ready to go to work... I'm a lot less bitter about going now that I can see the light. Geez that job is pointless though.
1 comment:
Yay! congrats on the internship!!
Post a Comment